[Samba] Re: Windows clients reboot when opening document on the Samba server

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Mon Oct 11 16:22:47 GMT 2004

Raphaël Berghmans wrote:

> I'm using a Samba 3.0.7 as PDC and files server. Everything works fine
> except for several windows stations. Sometimes those stations reboot
> automaticaly when a winword document (find on the file server) is
> opened. There is no problem if the document is on the local disk.

	Can you capture the packets sent during one of these
	open->reboot->finish opening sequences?  And one
	with the file read-only, so we can see the difference.

	Just capture the binary packets and send the list
	a pointer to the file and/or ask who wants what format.

--dave
Software Engineer and Author | some people and astonish the rest