[Samba] Re: ntconfig.pol not loaded

Xavier x.poirier at free.fr
Mon Oct 11 13:55:02 GMT 2004

Hi,

Finaly, I have found a solution to this problem !
look:

At first on my win2k workstation, policies where working (with ntconfig.pol into
\\sambaserver\netlogon)

Doing somes changes into poledit.exe and trying somes different templates .adm
files, my computer where not loading the ntconfig.pol anymore.
In fact the thread located here is true :
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2002-June/046612.html

More precisely, this is the template file 'common.adm' witch contains into the
'network' section this parameter (look the section of common.adm next):

"common.adm"
CLASS MACHINE

CATEGORY !!Network
	CATEGORY !!Update
		POLICY !!RemoteUpdate
		KEYNAME System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Update
		ACTIONLISTOFF
			VALUENAME "UpdateMode" 			VALUE NUMERIC 0
		END ACTIONLISTOFF
			PART !!UpdateMode				DROPDOWNLIST REQUIRED
			VALUENAME "UpdateMode"
			ITEMLIST
				NAME !!UM_Automatic 		VALUE NUMERIC 1
				NAME !!UM_Manual   		VALUE NUMERIC 2
			END ITEMLIST
			END PART

			PART !!UM_Manual_Path 			EDITTEXT
			VALUENAME "NetworkPath"
			END PART

			PART !!DisplayErrors			CHECKBOX
			VALUENAME "Verbose"
			END PART

			PART !!LoadBalance			CHECKBOX
			VALUENAME "LoadBalance"
			END PART
		END POLICY
	END CATEGORY	; Update

END CATEGORY	; Network

If the automatic update was desactivated at one moment, then the ntconfig.pol
will not be loaded.
You must activate the "automatic aupdate" for this to work.
believe me, I have tryed this morning onto my computer, It Works !!

Hope this helps to those like me been searching many days for this problem !

Xavier