[Samba] backup posix-acl shares
samba at schlomo.schapiro.org
Mon Oct 11 08:46:07 GMT 2004
while your Q is somewhat OT, here some ideas:
* use star or any other ACL awar tar replacement
* use a proper backup program, like Arkeia (free for 1 server)
* NFS can do ACLs, if properly patched. For example all SuSE systems do
that very fine.
* backup files and ACLs separately (tar and getfacl/setfacl).
* use rsync with the ACL patch (http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/2004-May/009466.html)
* use Mondo Rescue (www.mondorescue.org), it does ACLs
PS: Mounting anything but NFS will give you suboptimal performance,
On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Collen Blijenberg <MLHJ> wrote:
> good day...
> well just need some good input on how to backup a
> samba server, and to preserve the posix-acl's..
> got 1 pdc and 1 bdc running, but it seems that there isn't a good way
> to make a backup with acl..
> nfs4 doesn't have anny good support for acl's (yet)
> so i tried to mount a samba share with mount -t smbfs..
> no acl's there ??
> so please is there a protocol/service that i can use, to backup my
> servers with posix acl.
> Collen Blijenberg (Systeem/Netwerk Beheerder)
> Montessori Lyceum
> Herman Jordan
More information about the samba