[Samba] Linux freezes on large file transfers

Monty poison at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 11 03:30:32 GMT 2004

I am running MD 10 (Community) as a file server on a Shuttle SB61G2. This
setup worked very well under Mandrake 9.2 however, everytime I try to copy
files larger than say <550 ~650MB using MD 10, my linux box freezes and must
be rebooted. I can FTP the same file(s) perfectly fine to other PC 's on my
home net.  Small volumes of files work fine as well as ISO images, the box
seems to lock up only after it passes some type of treshold treshold.  I am
not sure what to do here.  I have installed of the latest SMB packages for MD
10.  The problem still persists.

Is there some config parameter that I must change?