[Samba] Disable roaming profiles per user

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Sun Oct 10 14:17:47 GMT 2004

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable roaming profiles, for a
particular user, from the server side?

I thought of trying to blank the server profile string in their account
attributes, but of course that says 'use the default' which will be to
do whatever smb.conf says.  Will setting it to something nonsensical,
like a space, make it think to not have one?

I'd rather do it per user since I've got about 4 people that need it set
up this way and don't want to have to go set up the other 50 accounts to
state profile path.  I'd also like to do it server side so that these
people can use as many machines as they want and/or rebuild as often as
they need and not have to remember to reset to 'local' each time.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.