[Samba] Re: Samba 3.0.7 & adding machines. Wrong primary group.

Igor Belyi sambauser at katehok.ac93.org
Sun Oct 10 12:18:40 GMT 2004

"set primary group script" is called either on client (Windows?) request
or when SID of the primary group does not correspond to the primary
group of the user account. The first one has nothing to do with Samba -
it just responds to request. The second one can be caused either by
change to the group mapping of this primary group or by some kind of bug
in Samba. To know if it's really a bug you should provide smbd log with
"log level = 5" from the moment computer is added to the domain till the
moment "set primary group script" is called.

Igor