[Samba] Pocket PC

Jeff Elkins jeffelkins at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 9 14:43:23 GMT 2004

Howdy,

I recently obtained a Dell Axim X30, running Windows Mobile 2003 SE. It
totally refuses to connect to a Samba share due to authentication errors.The
share is set up with clear text passwords and functions perfectly with a
Win98 SE box.  I have tried encrypted passwords and nt status support = no in
the global section of my smb.conf.

I am running Debian unstable, Samba 3.0.7-1.

Searching the list archives, I found that others had reported similar errors
back in August 04.  What's the status of this problem?

Thanks,

Jeff Elkins