[Samba] Removing a Point And Print printer

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Fri Oct 8 13:45:33 GMT 2004

Hello,

I assume, that the BusinessJet is an ink printer.
Many of the Deskjet drivers need a device mode to function.
Try setting "default devmode = yes" in your smb.conf.

To remove your driver you could use the Windows Gui.
(The remove button in the Drivers tab on your samba server).
Completely removing your printer is more complex. It should be enaugh to
remove it from your spooler and to restart samba (remove the driver bindings
before that).
If you want, you can look at the "nt*.tdb" files, to see, what remains.

Bye,
Martin

Martin Zielinski                       mz at seh.de
Software Development