[Samba] Samba and printer problem

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Fri Oct 8 13:36:24 GMT 2004

Just to give you an answere at least (you're asking again).
I experienced, that this depends on the printer and the driver.
Some drivers put the number of copies into PJL commands, others may send the
document multiple times or do different tricks.

It's definitly no option, that Samba gives cups.

Sometimes it simply doesn't work since not all registry entries for this
printer are created on the Samba server as they would on a local machine (I
never saw real driver code...)

You might have to track down, what the reason is. Perhaps take a look at the
memory settigs in your driver GUI. You could try to reduce the expected
memory size to force the driver to send the document more than once.

Bye,

Martin

Martin Zielinski                       mz at seh.de
Software Development