[Samba] Efficient way to login/logoff users

Yang Xiao yxiao2004 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 20:45:55 GMT 2004

RTFM:

       deadtime (G)
              The value of the parameter (a decimal  integer)  represents  the
              number  of  minutes of inactivity before a connection is consid-
              ered dead, and it  is  disconnected.  The  deadtime  only  takes
              effect if the number of open files is zero.

              This is useful to stop a serverâs resources being exhausted by a
              large number of inactive connections.

              Most clients have an auto-reconnect feature when a connection is
              broken  so in most cases this parameter should be transparent to
              users.

              Using this parameter with a timeout of a few minutes  is  recom-
              mended for most systems.

              A  deadtime  of zero indicates that no auto-disconnection should
              be performed.

Yang

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 20:31:18 -0300 (EST), erich at grad.ufsc.br