[Samba] winbind pam nsswitch question

Mark Le Noury markl at bbd.co.za
Wed Oct 6 15:29:23 GMT 2004

Hey man,

You only need to do the nsswitch stuff in order to accomplish what you
described.

The pam stuff is for logging in to the unix box with an AD account, the
nss stuff is necessary for the enumeration of the AD accounts + groups.

So you need winbindd + libnss_winbind.so + changes to nsswitch.conf

Hope this helped.

Thanks,

Mark