[Samba] Samba 3.0.6 and OpenLDAP performance problem

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed Oct 6 12:56:21 GMT 2004

> Sep 27 15:01:09 umwsap11 slapd[16930]: conn=458 op=65 SRCH base="dc=XX
> Company,dc=pl" scope=2
> filter="(&(uid=umwadd01)(objectClass=sambaSamAccount))"
>

>    ldap suffix = dc=XX Company,dc=pl
>         ldap group suffix = ou=groups
>         ldap user suffix = ou=people
>         ldap idmap suffix = ou=idmap,dc=XX Company,dc=pl
>         ldap machine suffix = ou=machines

These entries make me think you could probably speed things up a bit
with a tighter search scope.  It looks like you're searching the whole
DIT every time since you've got your machine and user accounts split
up.  I'm assuming you also have nss configured to search dc=XX
Company,dc=pl?sub.  I'd suggest either merging the user and machine OUs
or perhaps putting both of them in a container OU you can search in,
rather than doing the whole LDAP tree.  True, that won't solve the
multiple searches problem, but it should help along the speed of the
searches that it does do.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.