[Samba] Re: Getting the SID

Marco De Vitis starless at spin.it
Tue Oct 5 22:39:35 GMT 2004

Il 05/10/2004, alle ore 21:16, Paul Espinosa ha scritto:

> And now I've got a little conundrum.  How to I get the local SID from the
> old samba server.  It's running Samba 2.2.2 and it doesn't appear to have
> the -X flag for smbpasswd that is supposed to be in 2.2.8 and it obviously

The SID should be stored in the secrets.tdb file, try copying this file to
the new installation. Pay attention to using the correct directory... I
had problems when moving from Mandrakelinux 9.0 to Debian Woody because
they kept secrets.tdb in different places.

--
Ciao,
  Marco.

..."Stupid Dream", Porcupine Tree 1999