[Samba] Printer driver doesn't install under XP

James.Q.L shijialeee at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 20:18:06 GMT 2004

hi, all

I have samba 2.2 as PDC running under AIX. a HP 4100tn printer is installed.

now i want to print to this printer from a xp machine but i can't seems to
install the printer driver to the xp machine during the printer wizard.
it always prompts me error that 'windows cannot locate a suitable printer driver"

I already unziped the drive where i got it from hp site and point it to the right location but
still no avail.

anyone got a idea how to fix this ?

thanks,

Qiang