[Samba] Mac OS X winbind on Samba domain

Jim Potter jim at gangermin.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 18:43:59 GMT 2004

Hi All,
    Has anyone managed to get a Mac (OS X I'm using) to authenticate to
a Samba/NT domain? I've been playing with this all day, and am not
getting very far - smbd, nmbd and winbind (3.0.2) all run fine, I can
see the domain, can connect individually to windows shares, wbinfo shows
users (and groups, I assume), but there's no hints as far as what the
equivalent to nsswitch.conf (there's no libnss_winbind.so, or
/etc/nsswitch.conf). I was hoping to set them up similarly to adding
Linux clients, as domain members with automount or something. OS X looks
enough like linux to be comfortable, but not enough like it for me to be
able to get it to work.

any ideas anyone?

cheers

Jim Potter