[Samba] samba-2.2.8a-220 and OSX

Gunther Grelczak g.grelczak at deutsches-museum.de
Tue Oct 5 18:00:39 GMT 2004

Hi to all.

We have a samba-2.2.8a-220 Server. The server works still fine
with several clients (W9x, W2k, WXP and smbmounts via Linux).
But now I have to connect an Apple OSX and now I have one
problem. From OSX I can connect to the shares, browse the file
listing. But when a file is copied into a share, the file is on
the destination with 0 (zero) Bytes filesize. The linux uid and
gid are correctly set, according to the parameters from smb.conf.

This phenomen occurs only with MacOSX. What happens there ???

BTW: I habe also a test server with Samba 3 and there is no
problem to connect and upload files. But I cannot change the
samba 2 Server now.

Thanks in advance.
Regards

--

Gunther Grelczak
Deutsches Museum - Elektronik und Medien

t: +49.89.2179-349    f: +49.89.2179-326