[Samba] [PATCH] 2.2.12: fix support for samba daemons running under
vda at port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua
Tue Oct 5 15:45:20 GMT 2004
One can run samba 2.2.12 daemons (nmbd,smbd,winbindd) under daemontools if they are
started with -i option. However, smbd does not handle more than one connection at once
in this mode.
If one redirects it to pipe/file, logging to stdout is buffered.
Log text appears there with inacceptable delay.
* adds option -f to nmbd, smbd and windindd.
* for nmbd and winbindd it is identical to -i.
* for smbd it is mostly like -i but allows multiple connections to smbd.
* usage() text updated accordingly.
* smbd help on -i now mentions single threaded behaviour.
* getopt in nmbd and smbd source expected -f option with parameter,
but there were no other supporting code for it. An oversight? Removed.
* stdout set to unbuffered mode if we do logging to it.
More information about the samba