[Samba] Samba 3x for Solaris

Sylliaasen, Doug Doug.Sylliaasen at am.sony.com
Mon Oct 4 18:31:45 GMT 2004

I'm tyring to get samba compliled and installed on a Sun V880 server Solaris
8.  I've been running Version 2.7 for some time .. no problem.. COmpany
recently switched to Windows 2000 Domain with Active Directory services.  I
need to put this server into the ADS domain.  I've read that if the ADS
domain was native that I should be able to join this ADS domain using net
join (Version 3x) or using the smbpasswd -J etc .. to attach to the ADS
domain.  This fails when trying to authenticate to the domain.

Do I need to get a compiled version --with-ADS support.. or should Version
2.x work with native mode ADS environment?  If I need ADS compiled into the
Source .. has anyone used the Solaris Kerebos and got it work with Samba..
I've been looking around for some time and not found definative details on
how to make this all work .. any help would be greatly appreciated..

-doug sylliaasen
Sony Electronics