[Samba] SuSE 9.1 Pro

Chuck Chauvin clchauvin at edcaugusta.com
Mon Oct 4 13:40:46 GMT 2004

Is anyone aware of any specific problems with SuSE 9.1 Pro in regards to
running Samba as a domain controller? I have been trying for a couple of
weeks to get it setup but keep running into one roadblock or another.

Half of the time I can't see the DC at all unless I disable the SuSE
Firewall altogether, other times I am able to see the DC just not connect if
I have ports 137, 138, 139 and 445 open.

I haven't been able to find much help online or in the various forums that I
frequent and was wondering if anyone knew of any specific probelms with SuSE
9.1 that I might not be aware of.

Thanks in advance.

--
Chuck Chauvin