[Samba] Server not responding after Samba upgrade

Dusan Djordjevic dj.dule at beotel.yu
Mon Oct 4 13:26:12 GMT 2004

> did you have on your smb.conf any of this parameters?
> dns proxy
> wins proxy
> wins server
> wins support

I have plain workgroup. For testing purposes, I have samba on
problematic server and only one Win XP client (not SP2). I also use my
laptop with linux for testing.

Logs do not show anything problematic. Everything works fine. When I try
to resolve some other machine name from that problematic server, it
works. No firewalls or anything similar. Nothing of that settings up
there. In browse list, in /var/cache/samba/browse.dat nmbd writes name
of workgroup and server itself, but it cannot resolve its own name.
winbind is not running, i do not need it in workgroup.
--
Eng. Dusan Djordjevic (RHCE)