[Samba] Samba + OpenLdap replication problem

Mattia mattia at sinapto.net
Mon Oct 4 08:51:03 GMT 2004

Hi all,
not sure if I can ask here, because this sounds to me more an OpenLdap
than a Samba problem, but it involves samba too.
I've got a domain controller based on Fedora 2, samba 3.0.7-2.FC2 and
openldap-2.1.29-1, which serves 60 users in a domain.
Now I'm trying to set up a backup domain controller, based on the same
software, on another machine.
I stop Openldap on the master, dump the ldap database (slapcat >
/root/Master.ldif), move the file on the slave machine and try to import
it (slapadd -l Master.ldif -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf), but the last
command ends with thi error

[root at bdc root]# slapadd -l Master.ldif -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf
slapadd: bad configuration file!

Has anyone anyone of never had experience of an error like this?
Thanks

Bye... Mattia