R: [Samba] WindowsXP SP2 shuts down while trying to log into samba 3.0.6 domain

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Mon Oct 4 00:47:42 GMT 2004

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 01:53:34AM +0200, Nicola Baldo wrote:

> I have exactly the same problem. I have a Debian Woody machine running
> Samba 3.0.7-1 as PDC, and some Win XP SP1 machines as client. Everything
> works fine: shares, domain logon, roaming profiles, etc.
> Recently I updated ONE machine to SP2 and I get the same problem, i.e.
> the client seems to login properly but then shuts down, reporting the
> same exception in "msgina.dll". All SP1 machines can still logon fine;
> furthermore, if I log into the SP2 machine as a local user I can still
> browse samba shares.
>
> Any help/suggestion would be very much appreciated.

I recently asked a similar question.  My symptoms were similar but
different.  My solution was to set:

use sendfile = no

and restart samba.

See if it's the same sort of problem for you?

Yours Tony

        linux.conf.au       http://linux.conf.au/
	Apr 18-23 2005      The Australian Linux Technical Conference!