[Samba] Move Samba 3.0 PDC to different machine

Brad Otto bottojr at myrealbox.com
Sun Oct 3 19:34:19 GMT 2004

Hi Samba List -

I've been surfing the web for a while looking for some help with moving an existing Samba 3.0 PDC to a different machine.  I don't want to have to reconfigure each machine on my domain.  There has got to be a way to backup the full domain controller, reinstall the samba packages on a new Linux machine, and just restore the users database, etc.

I'm sure someone has done this already.  Anyone know of a good how-to or any additional information I can access?

Help is appreciated.

Thanks!

- Brad