[Samba] Using a single LDAP server to authenticate multiple Samba3 PDCs

John Williams j.williams at aston.ac.uk
Sun Oct 3 16:47:14 GMT 2004

Sorry if this is a FAQ but I have tried searching the web and both
samba3 books but I can't find  the answer.  I would like to use a single
LDAP server (openldap) to authenticate multiple Samba3 PDCs serving
different domains to authenticate Windows XP clients.  Ideally I would
like an XP client to appear in both domains and the user to get
different profiles depending on which domain they logon to.  Is this
possible and how do I treat SIDs etc?
We have Samba3/LDAP working with a single PDC/domain.
TIA
John Williams
--
J.Williams