[Samba] Switch profile from local to roaming?

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at borkholder.com
Fri Oct 1 21:54:38 GMT 2004

On Thursday 30 September 2004 02:58, deff wrote:
> You had your answers right in front of ya.
> Every xp includes "Files and Settings transfer wizard" (accessories->system
> tools) for this job.
> It's simple :

I had high hopes for this.  I went and did it this afternoon.  First I tried
copying only the settings.  I put them in a folder on her hard drive, made
that folder fully controllable by SAMBADOMAIN/heruser as well as
LOCALCOMPUTER/heruser.  Logged into the Samba domain, imported her settings,
and logged off.  Logged back in and it SAID it had transferred her settings.
But it had not!  I don't understand why, So right now I am doing it again,
having chosen both files AND settings.  This doesn't seem right as it is
copying every file off her entire computer.  However I will try it and see.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.  :/

Misty