[Samba] Error 16770

adi at mymachine1.adi-fortuna.com adi at mymachine1.adi-fortuna.com
Fri Oct 1 18:00:54 GMT 2004

When I try to mount an administrative //mymachine2/c$ share(the shared
resource is on a  WinXP_SP2 unfirewalled machine) from a Linux machine,
using the command bellow, I receive an 16770 error message.
[root at mymachine1 scripts]# smbmount //mymachine2/c$ /mnt/tmp/ -o username=administrator
16770: session request to MYMACHINE2 failed (Not listening on called name)
16770: session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Not listening on called name)
SMB connection failed
If instead of netbios name (mymachine2) I use the private IP address it is
the same result.