[Samba] winbindd not emunerating domain local security groups

Mark Le Noury markl at bbd.co.za
Fri Oct 1 15:10:51 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have a small problem with winbindd (from samba 3.07) + W2k3 Ad:

wbinfo -g fetches a list of only the Global security groups.
I need to be able to chown(1) directories to be owned by domain local
groups so that I can assign Global groups permissions to these
directories.

I was wondering if this was a know bug/feature with winbind? (I did have
a look through a few of the list archives - but got bored so please
excuse if this has been posted before!)

thanks,
Mark Le Noury