[Samba] Acl problems with 3.07 on solaris 9

Henrik Beckman henrik.beckman at sgu.se
Fri Oct 1 08:41:55 GMT 2004

Hi all

I get the following errors when trying to set acls, client os is NT4 and
XP, server is 3.0.7 on solaris9

[2004/10/01 09:33:22, 0] smbd/posix_acls.c:create_canon_ace_lists(1385)
  create_canon_ace_lists: unable to map SID <sid number removed by me>
to uid or gid.

Samba is a member in a NT4 domain, all permissions is managed by unix
uid/gid which are in NIS, each unix user exists in NT but no groups.
(passwords are syncronized.)
There is a user.map fil for those 5 user who doesn´t have the same
username in unix as in the domain but those are admin accounts only.

Do I have to use winbind to get the mapping to work ?

[global]
        workgroup = <DOMAIN NAME>
        netbios name =<netbios NAME
        server string = <server name>
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        min passwd length = 6
        password server = <pdc> <bdc>
        username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/users.map
        #loglevel = 2
        log file = /var/opt/samba/log/%m
        name resolve order = host wins bcast
        time server = Yes
        deadtime = 10
        wins server = <wins1> <wins2>
        kernel oplocks = No
        host msdfs = Yes
        invalid users = smsclitoknacct& smsclisvcacct&
        create mask = 0644
        inherit acls = Yes

Samba is compiled with acl support.
ACL are used in the ufs filesystem and works.

This is slowly driving me insane.....

TIA
/Henrik