[Samba] Real-time file synchronisation

Thomas E. Keiser tkeiser at cede.psu.edu
Fri Oct 1 05:30:24 GMT 2004

The OpenAFS windows client has finally gotten stable in the past year.
My department here uses the AFS client on windows rather extensively.  I
experimented a while ago with software distribution of a large windows
application (Pro/Engineer) over AFS with pretty good results.  So, you get
the same local caching benefits that unix clients get for software
distribution.  Another major benefit is that cache invalidation only
happens when you release a new version to the read-only replicas.  Plus,
clients automatically load-balance across all fileservers containing the
read-only volume replicas they're looking for.

Regards,

Tom Keiser
tkeiser at cede.psu.edu