[Samba] smbd won't start - new installation

Forum.Mail at GMX.Net Forum.Mail at GMX.Net
Tue Nov 30 22:22:53 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I installed SuSe 9.1 with Samba 3.0.4-suse. I can not get the smbd to
start from swat, but nmbd is running, When I start smdb and nmbd with
the SWAT restat then ps -A shows that the processes are there and it
seems to run, but not according to the 'status' of swat. Copying files
from samba and printing with the shared printers work though. The
printers show "access denied, no connection" in the W$ print status.

Is it a bug or do I miss some configuration with localhost:901 and SWAT?

--
Greetings,

:-)

Al Active