[Samba] Domain authentication failing after a period of time

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Nov 30 22:23:50 GMT 2004

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 04:31:44PM -0500, William R. Knox wrote:

> One final note - though I hadn't had it before, during the course of some
> testing, I put in a second domain controller that did have the 1c entries,
> and that didn't help the situation, i.e. only the first "wins server"
> parameter entry seems to get queried for the DOMAIN#1C servers. I don't
> know if this is a bug or the expected behavior, but I thought I would
> mention it as part of the final wrap-up.

Actually that wasn't what was happening in your case. The WINS
server in question was responding to the name query - it was
just responding "name unknown" (ie. the tombstone). If the
server hadn't responded at all then the other WINS servers
would have been queried. So it wasn't missing data, it was
incorrect data that did you in :-).

Cheers,

	Jeremy.