[Samba] Problem with printer in win98

Mario Sergio Candian mscandian at FreeBSDBrasil.Com.Br
Tue Nov 30 16:22:13 GMT 2004

Hi list,

i have installed the samba3 - Version 3.0.9 - in my FreeBSD server. I have
one HP1300 LaserJet, and its work fine in my FreeBSD. When i log in the
win98, i can mapping the printer, but when i send to print a test page,
its leave all wrong. I'm trying to print some document in the Word, but i
have the same result.

In my smb.conf i have this configuration:

[Global]
load printers = yes
printcap name = /etc/printcap
printing = bsd
printer admin = root, mscandian

And, in the [Printer] session i have this:

[printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /tmp
    guest ok = Yes
    printable = Yes
    print command = lpr -r -P %p %s
    lpq command = lpq -P %p
    lprm command = lprm -P %p %j
    browseable = No
    use client driver = Yes
    available = Yes

I installed the driver for the HP1300 in my Windows, but doest work, and I
dont obtain to print that I send to print.

Someone know how i can to fix it?

Thanks for all.

Mario Sergio Candian