[Samba] SHARE PERMISSIONS

Rashaad S. Hyndman IslandBwoy at ToughGuy.net
Tue Nov 30 16:02:09 GMT 2004

Hi Gurus,

I have two veriy basic questions.  One is, what permissions are necessar for
users to be able to copy files from a samba share?  I have a share and the
machine is part of my AD domain.  Currently, the shar is set to 755 and is
owned by root. When a user goes to the share they can see the files but can
not copy files from.  So what permissions does a user need to copy and is it
common to leave shares owned by root?

My second question is: Now that my server is on my AD Domain i would like to
add my AD account as an administrator for my samba shares. How do i go about
doing this wihtou adding everyone in my AD group to the machine.  I would
rather have samba reference a file or group file to find admins and allow
those admins write to share folders.

Thanks,
R.