[Samba] Using winbind in PDC

Xavier Callejas xcallejas at ibcinc.com.sv
Tue Nov 30 02:22:11 GMT 2004

	logon home = \\%L\%u\.w9xprfl

# Usuarios y passwords
	smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
	encrypt passwords = yes
	username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
	unix password sync = Yes

	# Programas auxiliares y scripts
		passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
		passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
		add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m %u
		delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r %u
		add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
		delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
		add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G %g %u
		add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false \ -d /dev/null %u

# Note: The following specifies the default logon script.
	logon script = %G.bat

# This sets the default profile path. Set per user paths with pdbedit
	logon path = \\%L\profiles\mswprfl

# Impresi'on
	printcap name = cups
	cups options = raw
	printing = cups
	load printers = no
	printer admin = xavier, at root, root, @ntadmin, administrator

# Winbind
	idmap uid = 15000-20000
	idmap gid = 15000-20000
#	winbind separator = +
	#winbind enable local accounts = no
	#winbind trusted domains only = yes
        #template primary group = "Domain Users"

# Misc.

	#admin users = xavier,root, @root
	#security = user
	#getwd cache = yes
	nt status support = yes
	template shell = /bin/bash
	wins support = yes
	#template homedir = /home/winnt/%D/%U

... when I run the following cmds. in this server then a mssg. like this
appear:

[root at brain samba]# net rpc join
Password:
Joined domain DOMAIN.

[root at brain samba]# net rpc testjoin
Join to 'IBCINC' is OK

but when I do:

[root at brain samba]# wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was  (0x0)
Could not check secret

WINBINDD is not running, should I run winbind in this server????

well, when I run winbind then:

[root at brain samba]# service winbind start
Iniciando servicios Winbind:                               [  OK  ]

[root at brain samba]# wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls succeeded

OK, but then I do:

[root at brain samba]# wbinfo -u
Error looking up domain users

Why?????
I need to use ntlm_auth in squid, do I need winbindd running in the server???
squid and samba (PDC) are running in the same server.

Thank you very much.

--
Xavier Callejas