[Samba] Re: Permissions Problem

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Mon Nov 29 15:34:07 GMT 2004

Welcome to the club....

This I believe is a bug that affected Samba 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 for me whereas if the effective permissions on the Win2K workstation were Administrator level these odd "access denied" errors would come up
but UNC could get around it, etc... Samba 3.0.6 was the answer for us. I still have that level on the production servers, and at this time evaluating 3.0.9 as the next upgrade step.

You might put more environment details such as OS/distro and version numbers in future postings.

I hope it helps... unlike previous administrations I can honestly say "I feel your pain" on this one! ;-)

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems