[Samba] win 2000 and active directory

Bjørn-Sverre Nøttum bsnottum at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 29 08:54:22 GMT 2004

Hello!

I am trying to use samba 3.0 as a domain controller in a win2000 network.
When I get to the user administration however I run in to huge problems.

I try to open the Active Directory Users and Computers in order to set path
to the profile directory for the users. This is not possible because the
winn2000 client does not recognize the samba domain as a win2000 domain.

I also have these error messages in /var/log/messages:
get_domain_user_groups: primary gid of user [user] is not a Domain group !

I have the samba-3 howto and reference guide and understand from this that
it cannot act as win2000 domain controller.

Is there a way to fix this problem? I have read something about Kerberos,
but have not been able to find any howtos on this.

Thanks!

Bjorn