[Samba] Re: [Off Topic] Managed desktop virus scanner in Samba 3 Enviroment

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Sat Nov 27 01:06:04 GMT 2004

I have managed to get Norman AV working where the Linux file server pulls down the DAT files and the Windows clients pull from the server. The on-access scanner has not been installed as the kernel
module it wishes to install needs default kernel security removed. Since Linux viruses are a haa haa haa, need not have the on-access protection! It can be a tricky beast to get installed /
configured, but then for as cheap as it is... "Good Enough" for now in my book. Oh, so a cron job runs the command line update to keep the server in sync with Norman. Simple enough.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems