[Samba] Re: A little help with nss_ldap - User xxx in passdb, but getpwnam() fails!

Robert Silvia coolhand1977 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 26 22:11:06 GMT 2004

I can say this if Tomak is using Suse then this may very well be how
Suse built the package.

I left suse for this exact reason, a perfect example of how they changed
Samba's "ldap ssl = "parameter

for what ever reason they set this parameter to relate to start_tls /
false instead of start_tls / off.

so they may have change other settings as well.

Using redhat 9 %u works as it should.

I can't begin to explain the nightmares I had setting up cyrus on suse
because of all the proprietary settings they have.

Robert