[Samba] split samba/cups into separate machines

Ryan Suarez ryan.suarez at sheridanc.on.ca
Fri Nov 26 19:36:28 GMT 2004

Greetings Admins,

We use samba 3.0.7 and cups 1.1.20 on debian woody to serve
point'n'print to XP clients.  This works great, much kudos to the samba
team!

We are seeing high load on the printserver and we would like to know if
it's possible to split the samba and cups installation into 2 separate
machines.

How do I configure samba to detect a cups installation on another host?
If this is a case of RTFM then kindly point me to the doc :)

regards,
Ryan

My current config on the samba install is '--with-ads' '--with-ldap'
'--enable-cups' 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/ssl/lib'