[Samba] How to share USB printer to windows users

lovswr1 lovswr1 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 25 18:41:37 GMT 2004

Hello, I have a Canon S400 USB printer.  It works on my FC-3 box just
fine.  Trying to get it to share with a WinXP PRO & Win98SE box is the
problem.  I have searched via google & tried many different configs but
none of them work for me.

I can get to the point where both boxes can "see" the printer, but then
I get the dreaded, not allowed, password incorrect.  I am using share
level access & both boxes can see their own home directories correctly
(please note that I can not find my FC-3 box, called matrix1 by name...I
have to use the actual ip address) but I can not "connect" to the
printer.

Below is my complete /etc/samba/smb.conf file as created by SWAT.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = CONCERT_ATL
        interfaces = 192.168.1.1/24, 192.168.2.1/24
        log level = 5
        log file = /var/log/samba/matrix1.log
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        wins support = Yes
        ldap ssl = no
        remote announce = 192.168.1.148 192.168.1.149
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes

[homes]
        path = /home/public