[Samba] SAMR_CREATE_USER not running add machine script

Henti Smith henti at geekware.co.za
Thu Nov 25 13:22:45 GMT 2004

Hi all

I have now got a working PDC with successful adding of machines to domain and users can login.

I've created a second PDC on a seperate machine using exactly the same configs with different PDC name.

I can join a machine to the domain, but when you try to log in after joining the domain I get "unknown username or password"

the logs shows that all authentication was successfull.

Then I noticed in the joining of the machine, the rpc command SAMR_CREATE_USER gets called and with my first PDC the useradd script is called, but on the second machine it's not.

All configs smb.conf ldap.conf smbldap.con and smbldap_bind.conf are identical appart from the PDC names itself.

Each has it's own SID as well.

Can anybody give me some insight into this problem ?

thanks

--
Henti Smith
henti at geekware.co.za
+27 82 958 2525
http://www.geekware.co.za

DISCLAIMER :

Unauthorised use of characters, images, sounds, odors, severed limbs, noodles, wierd dreams, strange looking fruit, oxygen, and certain parts of Jupiter are strictly forbidden.  If I find you violating, or molesting my property in any way, I will employ a pair of burly convicts to find you, kidnap you, and perform god-awful sexual experiments on you until you lose the ability to sound out vowels.  I don't know why you are still reading this, but by doing so you have proven that you have far too much time on your hands, and you should go plant a tree, or read a book or something.
	- http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/