[Samba] %macros not expanded in ldap attributes?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 25 10:53:46 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 10:01 -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Andreas wrote:
> | samba-3.0.8
> |
> | Are the % macros not expanded in LDAP attributes? For example,
> | the following is the only way sambaProfilePath works:
> | \\SERVER\share\path
> |
> | If I substitute sambaProfilePath with, say, \\%L\%U\path, then
> | it doesn't work anymore, although the same string works with
> | logon path in smb.conf.
>
> Known issue at the momemnt.  Sorry for the inconvienence.
> Patches welcome (since we haven't been able to get to this bug
> very quickly).

From rom my point of view (when I was hacking on the code) it was by design,
but I can understand the %L case.  My feeling at the time was that most
of the other cases are either best handled by a script setting the
values into LDAP (%U for example) or just using the smb.conf parameter
(ie, don't set it in LDAP).

Anyway, that's a bit of the history here.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>