[Samba] vampire fails because of Debian smbldap-tools problem

Geoff Scott geoffs at guestshire.com
Thu Nov 25 00:00:01 GMT 2004

> The issue of this thread was authenticating machine accounts if I remember
> correctly...

No I was just having a hard time getting the smbldap tools to work properly.
It all came down to me not knowing at what point you switch from chapter 6
of the example book to chapter 8 to vampire accounts of the NT server.  Of
course if you vampire accounts straight after you use the preload.ldif then
you end up with different GID's than what the smbldap tools expect in their
defaults. therefore the vampire fails as the expected GID for the group is
different to what vampire sets up as it creates the groups from the NT
server.
 It would be nice if John could add to chapter 8 something like: Build the
Base server the same as in Chapter 6 including step ? "using the
smbldap-populate script" then continue with vampiring the accounts.

Regards Geoff