[Samba] User sessions opens and closses very quickly

Vijayanarayanan S svijay at CoWare.com
Wed Nov 24 11:34:50 GMT 2004

Dear Samba experts,

Setup : Solaris Samba Server - Windows XP clients
Problem: when we try to access a bunch of big directory
stored on our unix clients through samba from our
windowsXP machine we see the user sessions being
opened and closed very very quickly and because
of that it takes long time to get the unix files
on windows.

My log shows something like,

pc-svijay (192.168.9.192) connect to service sld4 initially as user
svijay (uid=9924, gid=1001) (pid 1797)
pc-svijay (192.168.9.192) closed connection to service sld4

and this opening and closing of connection happens very quickly,
for some reason which I dont understand whenever the connection
is open for long then I could access all the files without any
problems, however when it closes I couldnt.

How should I go about this.

We are using SECURITY=SERVER mode.

Any big hearted person helping to solve this issue at our end
kindly reply back , I will be happy to give more information
and our smb.* files

Vijay.