[Samba] very large smbprn files

Frank Nørvig frank.norvig at dk.wilsonlog.com
Wed Nov 24 08:10:20 GMT 2004

Hello,

I'm running Samba version 2.2.3a and I have a problem with the temp
printfiles getting VERY large. My printer-conf looks like this and I use
lprng as printerdaemon:

path                    = /var/tmp
browsable               = yes
printable               = yes
guest ok                = yes
writeable               = no
create mode             = 0700
printer admin           = root
queuepause command      = /usr/sbin/lpc stop %p
queueresume command     = /usr/sbin/lpc start %p
lppause command         = /usr/sbin/lpc hold %p %j
lpresume command        = /usr/sbin/lpc redo %p %j
lprm command            = /usr/sbin/lpc lprm %p %j
lpq command             = /usr/bin/lpq -P%p

Today I noticed that my smbprn-files in /var/tmp has grown to 16
gigabytes! Why are these temp-files not deleted after each printjob has
finished?

Are they safe to delete?

Regards,
Frank Nørvig