[Samba] Was: Rolex was never so cheap - how these guys manage to spam the list?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Tue Nov 23 21:00:17 GMT 2004

David Brodbeck wrote:

>>>spammers have to do is search for the list's mailing
>>
>>address and they are
>>
>>>off to the races.
>>
>>But they still won't be able to post to the list unless they
>>are subscribed.
>

> I thought this list allowed posts from non-subscribers.  Am I confusing it
> with a different one I'm on?

I thought it didn't (allow non-subscribers).
There is a "List subscribe" on a page, and this is why I thought
(think?) it's a subscribe-only list.

However, it says "Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later." now.

Tomek