[Samba] Re: problem with machine joining domains

Robert Silvia coolhand1977 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 23 21:00:24 GMT 2004

I just went through this, had the same problem with the ldap.conf file.
I was finally able to log on with a user... for me it turned out how I
was adding the user.

The only way I can get a user to log in correctly is if I add them using
smbldap-useradd

smbldap-useradd -a -G 513 -d /dev/null -m -s /bin/false -F "" -P username

obviously you can chage some of the options... but if I attempt to add a
user through any other means it will not work (idealx webadmin module
for example).

additionally for what ever reason my users that can login can only
access guest = ok shares.