[Samba] smb_open + smb_readpage_sync error

Sebastien Hould thechains at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 19:32:06 GMT 2004

Hi, on my backup server (on which I have a smbfs mount) I get several
of these logs when I copy files during backup...

Nov 23 00:16:20 localhost kernel: smb_open: Fonts/CHB_____.TTF\225
open failed, result=-2
Nov 23 00:16:20 localhost kernel: smb_readpage_sync:
Fonts/CHB_____.TTF\225 open failed, error=-2
Nov 23 00:21:57 localhost kernel: smb_open: 67YZUXY7/search[1].\234ë#
open failed, result=-2
Nov 23 00:21:57 localhost kernel: smb_readpage_sync:
67YZUXY7/search[1].\234ë# open failed, error=-2

I don't know what these files are, in fact I did a find on the source
server and did not get any results.  What I can tell you though is
that we have had a problem with a corrupted filesystem on our source
server which has been repaired since yet these logs keep on appearing
daily.  Some of our files have been corrupted.  I would like to know
what result=-2 and error=-2 mean.

Thank you