[Samba] "Delayed write failed" when word/excel tries to save file on samba share

Tõnis Märtmaa tonis at saue.edu.ee
Tue Nov 23 09:49:59 GMT 2004

Hello

Suddenly yesterday we started getting the message "Delayed write failed"
when we tried to save word/excel file on a samba share. The strangest
thing is that the PDC/fileserver had been working nicely for 3 months
until now. I'd apprecite any suggestions and help.

I'm using Samba 3.0.7
Here's my smb.conf

[global]
server string = Porgand
workgroup = SAUEKOOL
netbios name = Porgand
interfaces = lo, eth1
bind interfaces only = Yes
time server = Yes
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://localhost
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
log level = 1
syslog = 0
log file = /var/log/samba/%m
max log size = 50
smb ports = 139 445
name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
hide unreadable = Yes
hide dot files = No
server signing = Yes
show add printer wizard = No
add user script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -a -m '%u'
delete user script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-userdel.pl %u
add group script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-groupadd.pl -p '%g'
delete group script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-groupdel.pl '%g'
add user to group script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-groupmod.pl -m
'%u' '%g'
delete user from group script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-groupmod.pl
-x '%u' '%g'
set primary group script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-usermod.pl -g
'%g' '%u'
add machine script = /var/lib/samba/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w '%u'
logon script = scripts\logon.bat

logon path =
logon home =
domain logons = Yes
preferred master = Yes
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
winbind use default domain = yes
ldap suffix = dc=edu,dc=ee
ldap machine suffix = ou=People
ldap user suffix = ou=People
ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=edu,dc=ee
idmap backend = ldap:ldap://localhost
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
map acl inherit = Yes

[netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service
path = /home/samba/netlogon
guest ok = Yes
locking = No
writeable = No
write list = Administrator
browseable = Yes

[homes]
valid users = %S
inherit acls = yes
map acl inherit = yes
read only = No
browseable = No
create mask = 0700
directory mode = 0700
nt acl support = yes

[klassid]
guest ok = No
inherit acls = yes
map acl inherit = yes
path = /home/samba/klassid
create mask = 0700
directory mode = 0700
nt acl support = Yes
browseable = Yes
admin users = tiia, kaido, administrator
write list = tiia, kaido, administrator