[Samba] vampire fails because of Debian smbldap-tools problem

Thomas Constans thomas.constans at opendoor.fr
Tue Nov 23 08:11:25 GMT 2004

Le mar 23/11/2004 à 05:35, Geoff Scott a écrit :
> Hi people,
> 	As usual I've tried a number of different approaches to this problem
> and can't figure it out.  I don't have enough knowledge.  Every time I do
> net rpc vampire I get this crap spewed at me:
>
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
> /usr/share/perl5/smbldap_tools.pm line 106, <CONFIGFILE> line 233.
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
> /usr/share/perl5/smbldap_tools.pm line 106, <CONFIGFILE> line 245.

it looks like there is a problem in your config file (
smbldap-tools.conf ). you should double-check syntax and verify proper
location

don't know if it's relevant but according to my installation of
smbldap-tools from tgz, configuration files should be in
/etc/smbldap-tools and debian package don't create this directory.

you should check /usr/share/doc/smbldap-tools/README.Debian.gz for
proper install instruction

> erreur LDAP: Can't contact master ldap server (IO::Socket::INET: Bad
> hostname ''

apparently variable hostname is not initialized.

hope this help

BTW i use tgz version of smbldap-tools on debian, they are more
up-to-date, and aparently better packaged.

--
-- Thomas Constans --

http://www.opendoor.fr
thomas.constans at opendoor.fr